Mike Swartzentruber - Head Coach
Coach Swartzentruber is entering his 6th year leading the Lake Central baseball program and his 25th overall as a head varsity baseball coach. Coach Swartzentruber has amassed over 380 varsity wins. While at Lake Central his teams have gone 93-30 while winning Sectional Championships in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and DAC Championships in 2018 and 2021. Coach Swartz earned his BS degree in Business Education at Oakland City University where he played collegiately earning Newcomer of the Year in 1991 and Most Outstanding Pitcher in 1993. Coach also earned his MS in Education from Indiana Wesleyan University.
Coach and his wife of 20 years, Misty, have two children...son Griffen (2021 LC Grad) and daughter Ryan (Junior at LC). They reside in the Lakes of the Four Seasons.
COACHING CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- 2A State Champions - 2005 & 2006
- 2A State Finalists - 2000, 2005 & 2006
- Indiana All-Star Coach - 2005
- Southwestern Indiana Coach of the Year - 2000, 2005, & 2006
- 2A Indiana State Coach of the Year - 2005 & 2006
- District Coach of the Year - 2018
LC Year by Year Results:
- 2021 - 22-8 (12-2 DAC)
- 2020 - COVID
- 2019 - 24-7 (11-3 DAC)
- 2018 - 24-6 (11-3 DAC)
- 2017 - 23-9 (10-4 DAC)
- TOTAL - 93-30 (44-12 DAC)
John Novosel - Varsity Assistant Coach
John enters his 5th season as an assistant varsity baseball coach at LC. John has previously coached baseball at the high school varsity level and for the Morris Chiefs 17U travel team. John served 27 years as a police detective with the Hammond Police Department and is currently retired from a second career as an insurance investigator. John is also a Vietnam Army veteran. John currently lives in St. John with his wife, Eve. John has two children, John (Vice President at 1st Merchants Bank) and Nicole (Principal at Elliott Elementary School, Munster).
BRYAN VANDERLEE - Varsity Pitching Coach
Bryan has been coaching at the High School level for 5 years through All Aspects and NWI Shockers organizations. In 2019, I coached the lSU travel team through All Aspects. Currently I am a pitching and strength throwing coach where I have been teaching a Driveline program for the last 3 years and also individual instruction for the last 5 years.
COLLEGE ATTENDED: Trinity Christian College - 2019 Graduate with a BA in Business and Computing Minor CITY/TOWN OF RESIDENCE: Schererville, IN
- As a member of the Trinity Christian Baseball Organization from 2016-2019
- 4 year starter on the pitching staff.
- Captain and a participant of the Athletic Leadership Program for Students.
- NCCAA Nationals appearances in 2016 and 2019, where I was represented on the NCCAA All Tournament Team.
- Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament Champions in 2018.
- NAIA Nationals appearance in 2018.
- Hold record for most appearances in a 4 year career with 63 outings.
- Games Start, Innings, Strikeouts, and ERA all in the Top 10 all time.
- I was a member of the Lake Central Baseball Organization from 2012-2015 and served as Captain my senior year.
- 2014 Sectional and Regional Champions.
- In my 2 years on Varsity, I led in pitching appearances both years with 20 for my career
Colin Studer - Volunteer Assistant Coach
Teaching Experience: Substitute teacher at Clark Middle School
City/Town of Residence: Crown Point, IN
- 2015 Duneland Athletic Conference First Team All-Conference
- 2015 LC Baseball Pride, Hustle, Determination Award
- 2016 Lake Central Graduate
- 2016 4 Year Varsity Letter winner in Football
- 2016 4 Year Varsity Letter winner in Baseball
Brian McNamara - Junior Varsity Head Coach
Coach Mac is entering his 6th season as the JV baseball coach and previously spent three seasons as the LC Freshman coach. Brian has served as an assistant freshmen football coach and has been involved with both boys' and girls' basketball within the LC School Corporation. Coach Mac teaches in the Special Education Cooperative, focusing mostly on U.S. History, World History, Government, and Economics. He holds a graduate degree in special education from Purdue University and undergraduate degree in social studies teaching from Purdue University Calumet.
Maxwell Born - Freshman Head Coach
Years Employed: 3 years, including baseball training and software engineer at Ml-BOX Moving & Mobile Storage.
Coaching experience: 7 months at Lake Central, 1 year of baseball training
City of Residence: Schererville, IN
Played in the Lake Central Baseball program for 4 years, won DAC, Won Sectionals Twice, played shortstop and pitcher. Started playing baseball at the age of 4 at Dyer Little League.